Procedure for reviewing of article manuscripts submitted in order to be published in the scientific and technical journal
“Vestnik of Ryazan State Radio Engineering University”
1. Organization and procedure for reviewing
1.1. Reviewing of article manuscripts submitted in order to be published in the scientific and technical journal “Vestnik of RSREU” is organized by the editorial board. The representative for quality of reviews and timely reviewingof article manuscripts is an executive secretary and editor-in-chief of the journal “Vestnik of RSREU”.
1.2. Members of the editorial board and council, highly qualified scientists and specialists ofRyazan State Radio Engineering University and other organizations and enterprises with deep professional knowledge and experience of work according to the specified direction, as a rule, PhD, professors can be involved for reviewingof article manuscripts. Author or co-author of the reviewed paper cannot be a reviewer.
1.3. Reviewing of article manuscripts is obligatory for teachers of Ryazan State Radio Engineering University and taken into account into their individual plans. Remuneration of labor for reviewers not being staff of the University is executed according to the contemporary regulations.
1.4. Editorial staff of the scientific and technical journal “Vestnik of RSREU” sends authors reviews of submitted materials in electronic form.
1.5. Reviews of article manuscripts should be stored in the editorial office of the journal not less than 5 years from the day of publication and submitted under requests of the councils of experts of the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles of the Russian Federation.
2. Requirements to review content
2.1. Review should containa qualified analysis of the article manuscript material, its reasoned objective assessment and valid recommendations.
2.2. Following issues should be reported particularly in a review.
• Global analysis of the scientific level, terminology, article structure, theme urgency.
• Assessment of the article preparation for publication regarding language and style, correspondence to stated requirements for article material design.
• Scientific character of exposition, correspondence of methods, methodology, recommendations and research results used by the author to contemporary achievements of science and practice.
• Availability of the article volume in general and its separate elements (text, tables, figures, references). Suitability of tables, figures in the article and their correspondence to the theme. Recommendations regarding rational reduction of the article volume (to mention what element of the article).
• Place of the reviewed paper among other ones published before on the same theme: what is new and what is different, are not papers of other authors of this author published before duplicated (in general and in particular).
• Introduced errors and inaccuracies of the author.
2.3. Reviewer should provide recommendations to the author and editorial staff regarding improvement of the manuscript. Notes and suggestions of the reviewer should be objective and principal aimed at increase of the scientific and methodological level of the manuscript.
2.4.Concluding clause of the review should contain valid conclusions about the article in general and accurate recommendation on its publication reasonability in one or other thematic column of the scientific journal “Vestnik of RSREU” according to the particular scientific direction corresponding to the nomenclature of scientific specialties stated by the State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles of the Russian Federation.
2.5. In the case of negative assessment of the manuscript, reviewer should substantiate conclusions more persuasively.
2.6. Under written well-reasoned difference of the author opinion with negative collusions of the reviewer, the editor-in-chief and editorial board of the scientific and technical journal “Vestnik of RSREU” are entitled to send this manuscript for the second reviewing to one and several other reviewers.
2.7. Editor-in-chief and editorial board of the scientific and technical journal “Vestnik of RSREU” make the decision on reviewing in the case if an article manuscript submitted for reviewing reflects scientific results of several scientific directions.
|Chairman of the editorial council
Journal “Vestnik of RSREU”, Rector
Journal “Vestnik of RSREU”
Vice rector for research, RSREU
- Last Updated on 17 August 2015
- Written by Department of scientific information